Saturday, August 28, 2010

DOWN THE MEMORY LANE (2)

When Dida was there,a lot of fun,happiness,laughter,love,peace,care,joy.......would flank us...
Alas! Gone are those days... Today we've nothing except the memories of our pleasant moments...
There were soooooo manyyyyy .......things...The funny person,Dr.Sengupta!! He used to come to Dada thrice in a year for tax updates...But the advantage of his arrival for me was that he used to bring packets of chocolates,cadburrys,,candies (with these,there would be free balls,toys etc.) for li'l Sonai....This would make me so overwhelmed that time & again,I used to forget to thank him....But when Dida passed away,Dr.Sengupta stopped visiting us....Don't know why...May be,he got much shocked at Dida's death!!!!
When Dida was with us, Shankar alias Gobindo mama frequently visited this place...He is such a strange person...None can trace him (No,my dear,he is not at all a terrorist!!!)...He is a "Business Tycoon".With him,his beloved pet dogs would come...Once he had a "Dog House"...One day,he brought a black Alsatian to Chhayaneer for treatment!!! I was in KG 2 then... I began to play with the Alsatian...But unfortunately,I,somehow,fell in our terrace....Though I got hurt,I got fun.....I think,it was "Kalipujo" or " Poila Boishak"..On that night,I had an invitation at one of our neighbour's  place...Dida advised me to take rest but my friends turned up at our place & took me away to attend the party...It was a birthday party,I remember & there,I checked out "Biriyani" for the first time!!! 
I miss those childhood days...

2 comments:

  1. achha tor sei khoka-mamar golpo kichu mone ache? sujog pele tar somporkeo kichu bolis.

    ReplyDelete